[T3] Rush Ideas

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Apr 26 06:40:33 PDT 2014

On 25 Apr 2014 at 19:25, one4house at yahoo.com wrote:

> Just a couple spots of rust. I am just wondering what the best course of action for taking care of this would be? Is it best to sand it down and treat it?
>
> Looking for ideas. I have no idea if I would be able to match the paint.
>
> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1198792.jpg
>
> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1198791.jpg

Any good body shop supplier can match the paint, assuming you know
the paint number. The OE paint numbers are available here, or on Dave
Hall's site, by color and year.

When your car was new, there were 5 holes on the side of each rocker
panel, as well as 2 more on the bottom of each rear fender and 1 more
on the bottom of the front fender. Those holes were for the
attachment of the chrome trim strips that each car came with. Your
strips have been removed and the rocker holes filled. The rust spots
are probably where the old holes were. The rocker panel, and likely
more, has been repainted. This might mean that matching the paint
will be harder, if the repaint didn't match the OE color.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org