[T3] Rush Ideas

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 10:24:26 PDT 2014

In a message dated 4/26/2014 9:40:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Any good body shop supplier can match the paint, assuming you know
the paint number. The OE paint numbers are available here, or on Dave
Hall's site, by color and year.

The rocker panel, and  likely more, has been repainted. This might mean
that matching the paint will be harder, if the repaint didn't match  the OE
color.

I  believe most of the car was resprayed. Since this was done not too many
years  ago (paint's fairly fresh), you could probably take it to a good Auto
body  paint supply house, and have the color read by scanning it, and
having them  custom mix it to match. My local Carquest does it here, as I had to
find a new  paint supplier in the last year (my regular place closed).

By having it scanned, you can get very close to matching the existing
color of the car, in case the PO repainted it a different shade, or didn't go
with the stock color. That's the thing about our cars, most of  them have had
a "face lift" over the years, and might not be an exact match.  add in that
older OE paint will have faded some, and new paint will stick out  because
it'll be off (if mixed by the paint code).

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction