[T3] Rush Ideas

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 16:41:26 PDT 2014

Funny what you can miss!  I completely failed to notice the lack of a trim
srip!  Mine is missing that strip too at the moment, but instead there are a
line of holes with rusty edges!  Could be that's why the paint on yours is
blistering.  Once rust appears, it's really a matter of treating it when it
returns, or cut back to good metal, which make a major job of it.

My front fender is lacework in places so I'm just in the process of painting
up a reasonable one, but I've had quite a bit of work to do as it's not
perfect.  Let's hope the rust holds off for a long time.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club