[T3] Disabled

Don Robertson donrob at yachtsales.com
Sun Apr 27 07:14:45 PDT 2014

Yahoo has been causing all kind of grief and havoc recently,
especially with regard to Email forums.  They managed to effectively
disable ALL email forums on the planet for a day or so recently by
implementing email rules that were contrary to established Internet protocols.

Essentially they were rejecting all email where the mail from a
domain didn't match the domain in the "From" header.  Of course
mailing list mail does *not* match the domain in the "From" header.
The relevant standards for Internet mail specify clearly that for
discussion mailing lists, the "From" header is to contain the email
address of the person who sent the posting.

I am still having problems with the forums that I administer, but
sporadically now.  Most mail goes through, but about one or twice a
day  I get notices that a posting or two was blocked (for policy reasons).

I think the problem is that yahoo lets people bring their kids to
work with them, and someone is letting their 2 year old play
unsupervised in the same room where they keep the  "stupid" switch.

This is not only affecting yahoo addresses...  it includes all
domains that yahoo owns or controls, including all the AT&T ones,
bellsouth etc.

So, if you send a message and don't see it go through....  send it again later.

At 09:46 AM 4/27/2014, Jim Adney wrote:
>On 26 Apr 2014 at 20:50, one4house at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Jim,
> >
> > This was the email I got....
> >
> > Your membership in the mailing list type3-vwtype3.org has been
> > disabled due to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you
> > was dated 25-Apr-2014.  You will not get any more messages from this
> > list until you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more
> > reminders like this before your membership in the list is deleted.
> >
> > To re-enable your membership, you can simply respond to this message
> > (leaving the Subject: line intact), or visit the confirmation page at
>
>Seems odd that you and Brian got the same message at the same time. A
>bounce usually means that there's a problem at your end, at the
>server that receives your email, yahoo.com, so your email got bounced
>back to the list server. Usually this means that your server didn't
>recognize your address, but sometimes this means that your server was
>too busy to deal with the mail at that time. Odd.
>
>I see that Brian is not on yahoo.com, so I don't know what happened
>here. Maybe Greg has better insight.
>
>--

Don Robertson - (905) 566-0000
3641 Wolfedale Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5C 1V8
Skype: marinemarketplace
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to
live at the expense of everybody else.
- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

Webmaster:
peoplepost.net - marinesurveyor.com - yachtsales.com
Click Here http://www.marinesurveyor.com/websites.html for a list of
over 100 Marine Surveyor Clients.

Listmaster
http://www.marinesurveyor.com/boatpokers/ - Boatpokers - A private
email forum for SAMS members
http://www.surveyorexchange.com/ - The Marine Exchange - The Marine
Technical Email Forum
For Professionals Employed in Marine Industries.