[T3] Ignition Points

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Apr 11 22:08:25 PDT 2014

I just came across a different Bosch part number for ignition points
that would work on our cars if you need something with a stronger
spring that will still work at very high rpms. I DON'T recommend
these for normal street use, and I have no plans to use these in any
of my own cars, but some of you may have engines with counterbalanced
cranks and balanced drive trains which can run above 5000 rpm.

If you're in this category, let me know. The price is no more than
the standard Bosch 01-011 that works for almost every 4 cylinder
European car made from '68-on. These points are identical to the
01-011 except for the spring tension.

I don't recommend them for general use because the extra spring
tension can lead to faster than normal distributor cam wear. So, no
point in using these if you don't really need them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org