[T3] that's it

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 12:52:08 PDT 2014

I think this is where we are with aircooled VWs in general. Especially if the car is not a beetle or a buss.

1) Access to a aircooled VW mechanic.

2) Become the aircooled VW mechanic.

I realize this isn't for everyone. But relying on someone else to maintain a vintage car has never worked out for me.

When Bobbie and I bought our house in CO I made certain there was a detached building that could become my workshop. When I spot NOS parts and tools I may someday need, I try to acquire them. I've built my own engines and do my own maintenance.

Of course there remains the problem of finding OEM quality parts. From time-to-time I've had to make things I can't get anymore.

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/