[T3] Try, Try Again

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:48:42 PDT 2014

> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:46:04 -0500
> From: dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Try, Try Again
>

> On the flat spots on the tires the only way you can fix them is find a tire
> store who has the equipment to true a tire. I know they are not many left who
> still do that in my area not sure about yours. Another thing if you find one to
> do this you must have enough tread left to do it as they have take some off to
> do this. Only other alternative is replacing the tire. I'd check your headlight
> switch first on the dash lights to see if there is a problem with the rheostat
> dimmer then move on with the wiring. Don't know on the pump or where you got it
> done but Jim re-done mine a couple of years ago after it had been setting up for
> 30 years in another car and it's been working fine since. Some folks on here
> have used a pump from a Ford Ranger but you would have to talk to them on how
> they done it.

Dennis, interesting that they could be shaved! I doubt they are really bad, as was moved a couple times and for a while was off the ground. The tires were brand new with full tread... :(

I guess I wasn't clear due to dealing with health issues... I mean the idiot lights are not coming on.

I had the pump rebuilt by Adney, but once I put pressure it leaked massively. I actually found the fuel pump the other day, so hopefully I can send it back and see what can be done. If less than $50, then yes, defiantly will rather stay stock and pay a small business. However, if not, the Airtex e2000 is about the same diameter and will fit in the mount. Then a harness from the stock wiring to the lugs is made up and connected, plus new hose arrangement. Not a lot of work and reversible. The pump also has a limited lifetime warranty, but no information on what that means. (eye roll)

Thank you so very much!
Adriel