[T3] Try, Try Again

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 18:00:34 PDT 2014

> From: topnotch at nycap.rr.com
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 20:03:19 -0400
> Subject: Re: [T3] Try, Try Again
>
> Good to have you back!
> The wire gauge you need is the same or bigger than what your replacing, our
> harness' use several sizes.

Keith, thank you!

I was thinking general use, like a harness for the Airtex e2000 fuel pump and jumpers for testing.

> I don't soak anything in marvel, I use it to loosen the carbon at the bottom
> of the valves, you shouldn't need to do anything with rings and carbon if
> the car hasn't been running way too rich for a long time. I let it sit
> under the valves for a day or 2.

The engine has only had the valves broken in, so I didn't want to break a ring because it had bonded to the cylinder. Is this not an issue?

I hope it isn't running to rich, as set the MAP prior to the hibernation. Though what you expect isn't always!

Thank you so very much!
Adriel