[T3] Try, Try Again

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Aug 21 22:44:21 PDT 2014

On 21 Aug 2014 at 20:58, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> You said you made an error and that you would fix it. I will send it
> back on the basis of at least having it returned to me.

If I made an error, I will apologize, fix it for free, and pay the
return shipping. If the error is not mine, you can either pay for a
repair or let me keep the pump for parts. I don't really need the
parts, but by the time I know what the real problem is, I will have
already put in most of the labor to repair it. This is because much
of the diagnosis comes in the labor to disassemble it and get to the
heart of the problem. There is, however, some variation, depending on
whether the problem is in the pump head or in the motor.

I'm happy and apologetic to correct any errors that are mine for
free, but I won't give away free labor. There's no way you should
expect more.

What would you expect me to do if I find that the pump no longer
works because there is a bit of rubber hose lining stuck inside the
pump, or because the motor is now filled with water or dirt? Do you
expect those problems to be covered by my warrantee?

If you choose to return the pump to me, please include the symptoms
that you observe, ie pump motor doesn't run, motor runs but doesn't
pump, pump runs but pressure isn't sufficient, etc.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org