[T3] Try, Try Again

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Aug 22 08:08:03 PDT 2014

In a message dated 8/21/2014 7:48:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:

I had the pump rebuilt by Adney, but once I put pressure it leaked
massively. I actually found the fuel pump the other day, so hopefully I can  send
it back and see what can be done. If less than $50, then yes, defiantly  will
rather stay stock and pay a small business. However, if not, the Airtex
e2000 is about the same diameter and will fit in the mount. Then a harness
from the stock wiring to the lugs is made up and connected, plus new hose
arrangement. Not a lot of work and reversible. The pump also has a limited
lifetime warranty, but no information on what that means. (eye roll)

I've actually started using the Precision brand version of that pump,  from
O'Rielly's. It's priced at 85.99, and comes with a limited lifetime
warranty. You do need to trim some of the sleeve they send with it, to fit the
Bosch pump brackets, as it's a little larger in diameter than the Airtex pump,
 or the stock Bosch pump. Unfortunately, I don't have the part number for
it at  the moment, but if you walk into the store, and tell them you need the
frame  rail pump for an 86 Ford Ranger, it'll be that pump. Keep in mind
that you  have to buy a fuel filter too, or you void the warranty.
I hope this helps.
64 T-34 Ghia aka  Wolfie