[T3] Pictures of my engine rebuild to date

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Dec 1 19:04:19 PST 2014

On 29 Nov 2014 at 6:56, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> I am not sure the the URL will make it through the list, but here is the
> link to the album where I store all my Squareback pictures:
>
> https://plus.google.com/photos/110222907858291551656/albums/5855322357304526225

Nice photos. The heads look pretty decent and it looks like you even
found a good extra pair of the correct '72-3 heads. Are you doing all
this work yourself? I see valve guides being removed and a head
machine in the back ground. And con rod reconditioning.

Or did you find a mechanic who was willing to let you take photos
along the way?

I can also see the telltale outline of Beetle intake manifold gaskets
on the heads. Make sure you get the proper Type 3 FI gaskets for
there. They're hard to find new, so I hope you saved your old ones.

I like the big washer-faced nuts you found for the large case studs.

BTW, in the photos of the engine before the rebuild, there's at least
one air hose out of place: The one that almost connects to the air
cleaner at 7 o'clock does not go there. That port on the air cleaner
connects to the aux air regulator. The port on the air elbow should
run to the charcoal cannister above the tranny.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org