[T3] John Wayne Photo 2

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Tue Feb 11 08:32:38 PST 2014

On 10 Feb 2014 at 20:56, Richard wrote:

> Ok here it is on photobucket.

> <http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt130/texrabbit/VW/JohnWayneSquare
> back.jpg>

Nice. Looks like a '68 or 9 (highback front seats) with aftermarket wheels
and (possibly) taillight lenses with amber tops. That car would be a bit
small for Wayne. The pose in the photo may have been as far as he managed to
get into the car.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Don't know how tall he was but my dad drove my fastback for years and he is
6'4".  His first new car was a 70 beetle because it was the only new car he
could afford and have enough room to sit up in without hitting his head.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)