[T3] mirrors...

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Feb 20 07:38:14 PST 2014

I just used a NOS mirror (right-hand for RHD) but it pained me to use it
rather than make do with a repair!  Time got too short to try!

Drilling and tapping are usually the only way to get round the problem - I
guess a thinner screw than normal might work (eg 5mm?), with careful use
rather than the sort of grab and pull that most owners might use.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club