[T3] Brakes-again

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jan 10 17:54:22 PST 2014

On 10 Jan 2014 at 16:44, maroblll at coqui.net wrote:

> Are these cylinders good for a '65 Squareback with a chasis# starting
> with 365 066?
>
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1583196

He doesn't say what diameter these are, but assuming they are the
correct 22.2 mm (7/8") then they are right. BUT, this might be a
reasonable price for good rebuilt German parts, but it seems
expensive for Varga (Brazilian.)

I have good, rebuilt, OG ATe or FAG rear wheel cylinders for $20
each, but I generally recommend that you rebuild the ones you have,
on the car. If you try to replace them, you'll probably break the
hard lines connected to them. I have rebuild kits for $10 each.
Shipping would be extra.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org