[T3] Starting Problem

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Jan 13 08:39:32 PST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org
[mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org] On Behalf Of Tony
Rongey
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 9:30 AM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Starting Problem

Hmm.  It was late and I was tired when I put the distrubutor back in.  It
felt right, but I'll double check that this evening.

PS: Here is the pic of the valve as promised.  You might not want to look at
this if you just ate and own an old VW.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/trongey/Type3/SunkenValve.jpg

Tony
'70 Fastback, AT/FI (will be a daily driver as soon as I get it working
again)

Enjoyed the photos.  I suspect this is what is going on with the 71 Std.
Beetle we are going through now as far as the valve goes. Those heads were
installed back in the late 90s but I doubt they have 10,000 miles on them.
The last time we adjusted the valves on it I had to turn the adjusting stud
way out on an exhaust valve. Haven't cracked it open yet. As said in earlier
post cheap heads. I think they had Mexico stamped somewhere on one of them.

Dennis Stiefel