[T3] Distributer placement/Timing

rheorojo@F rheorojo at frontier.com
Tue Jan 14 21:51:47 PST 2014

Long day yesterday. I looked at both distributers. The one rebuilt by you, Jim, is polished similar to a cam or crank. The other is polished on the leading side but has some (minor) grooving on the trailing side. I have the pertronix ignition in now and I'll swap them tomorrow, and lube the rubbing block. I have some silicone grease, so I'll put a dab of that on there unless otherwise advised.
The distributor clamp I can repair and keep it with the spare distributor. I'll keep you posted. The car would run well (save for poor mileage) for a short while then bog down with little or no power. A retime would cure that but briefly.
Tim 73 FI auto