[T3] Distributer placement/Timing

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jan 13 13:45:12 PST 2014

On 13 Jan 2014 at 15:38, Jim Adney wrote:

> General drifting, always in the direction toward greater dwell, are
> almost always caused by wear of the rubbing block on the ignition
> points. A certain amount of wear is normal and expected, but the
> rubbing block should wear a bit then settle in and become relatively
> stable.

I should add that a rough cam will always wear the rubbing block
quickly, so the only solution for that it to let me rebuild the dist
and refinish the cam. If you have this problem on a dist that I've
already worked over, I'll be glad to check it over and refinish it
again at no charge if you want to return it to me.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org