[T3] Distributer placement/Timing

Jonathan Stiles misterstiles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 07:25:06 PST 2014

> Tim,

Many times when using a Pertronix or Compufire, I will have to grind down
the rotor. The Pertronix ring has a shelf which keeps it from sliding pat
the distributor cam lobes, which pushes the rotor up. I may allow the rotor
to move back and forth, changing the timing.

If you can move the rotor even slightly when installed either the Pertronix
ring isn't seated completely or the rotor needs to be clearanced.

If the Pertronix ring isn't seated, it will also cause the symptoms you
describe.

Hope this helps.

Jon Stiles