[T3] Distributer placement/Timing

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jan 18 23:30:46 PST 2014

On 18 Jan 2014 at 21:58, rheorojo at F wrote:

> I just went through the process again. Set the points, then the
> timing, then the dwell, and then the timing again. That order so I
> could see the change in timing when the dwell was set. It had moved
> about 5 degrees. The car runs much better, has a smoother acceleration
> and so far, 20-25 miles, seems to be remaining solid. I hope to put a
> 50 mile trip on it to check and see if it will remain timed correctly.

I hope this works better for you, and lasts.

> Jim you mentioned a source of auto trainees in Tucson, would you let
> me know the contact as we may be that far down.

I don't know about "trainees", but I found one VW shop in Tucson
which had been around a long time and had a LOT of old parts. If
that's what you're looking for, look up "uncle Bob's" VW service in
Tucson. Seemed like an interesting guy, with reasonable prices.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org