[T3] 034 on Squareback

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Mon Jan 20 20:40:30 PST 2014

Currently there is a Mexico 009 installed on my duel Solex Squareback.
It idles great, timing is right on. It bogs down if you try to ease up to speed. It is great WOT or once cruising at speed.
I am going to install a German SVDA 034 into it next and see if I can dial it in correctly.
First I have to pull the distributor drive gear and re-position it correctly for the SVDA.
If that does not provide a better curve, I will next rebuild an earlier stock VW/Bosch distributor off of a duel-carburetor T-3.
Like 009's, the new 034's are all over the place as far as build and quality. Some will perform better than others. If you can get hold of, or use, a genuine German manufactured Bosch unit, you will at least have quality. They can always be rebuilt and perform like new.
Brion S.S. Utah