[T3] One cylinder dead-not firing-#3

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jan 21 21:25:02 PST 2014

On 21 Jan 2014 at 18:58, John L. Morgan IV wrote:

> I will take you up on that offer. My wife is a wonderful cook, and I have
> two young boys who can hold tools.

My wife, Melissa, has turned into a wonderful cook, too, but I don't
think her idea of a good time would be to sit while I work on other
people's cars. With luck, she'll be coming to the next Invasion, so
maybe this will be our chance to change her mind.

> On Tuesday, January 21, 2014, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:
>
> > On 21 Jan 2014 at 18:35, John L. Morgan IV wrote:
> >
> > > Sometimes, I think it would be cheaper to fly Jim Adney out to Richmond
> > > and fix my car once and for all...the right way!

I was born and raised in Richmond. My mom still lives there, but my
dad passed away just 2 months ago at age 93. I get down there a few
times a year, but that is Richmond, Indiana, and I'm guessing you're
talking about a different Richmond.

Small world

I should also mention that John J and I both had car trouble the last
time we traveled to a west coast Invasion. IIRC, John had to replace
some part of his exhaust system, and I replaced my right head. We did
this while parked side by side in Brian's 2-car garage. Working
together, we got both jobs done in a single day.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org