[T3] One cylinder dead-not firing-#3

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Wed Jan 22 06:18:16 PST 2014

In my conversation today on the phone, I was told that #3 has a collapsed
valve seat.
They
disconnected the #3 injector to prevent gas going in the engine and
corroding the ring.
He recommended a new engine-with
new heads-not rebuilt heads.
I read off the list of things to check, and he kept saying, "None of that
matters, we had the adjuster opened all the way...valve is shot.
You can keep driving it around town on 3 cylinders."
?

If the seat has gone too far to adjust the valve to the point to where it
has no compression then I'd be afraid to crank it up much less drive it.
Sounds like it's about to swallow a valve.  If it has good oil pressure and
no knocking I'd just do a top end over hall.

Dennis Stiefel