[T3] One cylinder dead-not firing-#3

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 15:44:52 PST 2014

Trouble is, a garage can't afford to do a patch job and have it go wrong
again.

I had a VW Polo with wrecked big-end bearing.  The garage said they would
have to fit a reconditioned engine for some huge price.  I fixed it with a
bearing set, time and care.  Cost was probably less than 20GBP ($30) for the
parts and a couple of days thinking and a few hours working!  It lasted
another 60,000 miles in the hands of our student sons, who all learned on it
too.  We drove it to the scrapyard at 150K miles as a few things needed
sorting and the interior was worn out - not the engine or gearbox though!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club