[T3] Kickdown solenoid

Adam Douglass one4house at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 06:04:04 PST 2014

It is finally alive! It took 3 transmissions to make one (the last of which was bought with a custom bullet hole), but it works better than it ever. Shifting is better. It downshifts with the stroke of the gas. I'm a happy man.

What do those of you running carbs do with the kickdown plug on the side of the tranny? Just leave it uncovered? Mine downshifts fine. And I don't have a kickdown switch by the throttle. I was just curious.

What is regulating my downshifts? It's the vacuum module doing double duty?

Adam