[T3] radio in

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jul 10 21:19:17 PDT 2014

On 10 Jul 2014 at 21:41, Keith Park wrote:

> The Sapphires were mostly cheap sets but they should sound good with a
> strong signal, good speakers are essential though, it will only sound as
> good as the speaker is.  I put a new speaker in the Crate when I re-did it
> As the Blaupunkt has some power to put out, but again... signal strength
> Is essential.

By now most of the original speaker cones have torn or have
disintegrated completely. Replacement isn't hard, but you need to
check yours if it seems "scratchy" or .... Even though they don't get
direct sun, they sit under the dash and the heat there kills them.

I have decent replacements for the '71 and later speakers. The
earlier ones are smaller and it may be harder to find something that
will fit today.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org