[T3] Adriel's '61 Chevy

elvisleft_bldg at comcast.net elvisleft_bldg at comcast.net
Fri Jul 11 23:38:24 PDT 2014

Im Sorry for your loss Adriel Rowley.
I too lurk.
Peace Bro
Kelleigh

----- Original Message -----

From: "Adriel Rowley" <adriel_rowley at hotmail.com>
To: "type3" <type3 at vwtype3.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:42:33 AM
Subject: Re: [T3] Adriel's '61 Chevy

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TD-T - Dog Wgn
Master's Student, A.S.U., living in north central Mesa, AZ

> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 07:29:57 -0700
> From: fisherfarms at gmail.com
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: [T3] Adriel's '61 Chevy
>
> We haven't heard anything out of him for months?

I stay mostly in lurk mode, since I am mostly unwanted. I prefer to spend time on the Mercedes forum since I have more friends and acquaintances over there.

Also, been busy clearing out 80 years worth of stuff, mostly on my own. It is interesting what I have found, from gross, to to what the heck, to all right man, to fantastic. I have gotten to keep a few special things, like a hand made quilt Opa's mother made and several of Opa's jackets/suit, including a brown pinstriped double breasted suit and checkered bell bottoms. It is humerous to me the wide range of sizes Opa wore, despite Oma insisting he never put on weight as he got older. Sorry, but his cloths tell another story! l.o.l. I have the same chest size and build (didn't know that until I spoke to my aunt and was surprised), so three jackets fit great and taking the pants down to have them hemmed by the best tailor ever, which is in La Jolla: John's Tailor Shop. Last time it was $35 for basically rebuilding an entire suit I got free from the Church. Not bad price for a suit!

I've been wanting to
> suggest EBay to them as the Easiest way to sell Oma's car.

The issue has been trying to figure out when I was going to leave and a reserve price. Also, Oma is leery of eBay, just like me, but for different reasons. If I knew the worst case, then I put that as reserve. Heck, I will ask her right now about eBay and minimum price!

Thank you so very much!
Adriel