[T3] Fuel/Air Issue

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 16 11:45:45 PDT 2014

On 16 Jul 2014 at 11:00, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> But definitely check for power to the pump (you might need a helper  to
> turn the key on while you watch for voltage), then check the fuel pressure.  If
> you have less than 28 psi, the car may or may not start, and definitely
> will barely run for any length of time.

This is another issue where one of my priming switches would be
helpful. In 45 years, I've seen exactly one fuel pump relay that gave
trouble, and that was in a '72 of my own. I hadn't come up with the
priming switch at that time, but if I had, it certainly would have
made the troubleshooting quicker.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org