[T3] Fuel/Air Issue

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 08:00:58 PDT 2014

In a message dated 7/15/2014 7:02:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jacob at jacobhoffman.com writes:

Those symptoms are exactly what happened to me, recently, in my '71  FI AT
square. The issue for me was that the fuel pump wasn't running, but  it was
hard to tell in a noisy parking lot.  In the end, it turned out  to be a
faulty fuel pump relay.  It would click, it just wouldn't  power the pump. I
would definitely start with turning the key on, listening  for the relay
under the back seat, listen for the fuel pump humm, and then  the relay
under the dash 1 second later. If that sequence isn't happening,  no fuel
for you.

Close, but the rear relay comes on first, followed by the front  relay,
then the fuel pump. ;-)

But definitely check for power to the pump (you might need a helper  to
turn the key on while you watch for voltage), then check the fuel pressure.  If
you have less than 28 psi, the car may or may not start, and definitely
will barely run for any length of time.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction