[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 46, Issue 23 / mileage.

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri Jul 25 16:12:35 PDT 2014

That's Imperial gallons, Ross, rather than US gallons!  US gallons are about
80% the size.   They must have forgotten to pack a set of liquid measures on
the Mayflower. ;-)
There's always something that gets left behind when you go abroad!

I'd happily change ours for US ones if the price here in the UK was what it
is in the USA!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club
===================

I thought about that when I seen Ross's reply.  But I thought they used
metrics in Australia and he was just humoring us Americans.  Some of the
training software we use in my automotive class has videos made down under.
Every year I have to explain some of the words and terms that are used on a
car in both the UK and Australia that are different than here in the states.
It can be quite a challenge sometimes with some of the kids here that we
have who never seen anything outside of rule Alabama USA.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)