[T3] MPGs??

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Jul 26 06:07:11 PDT 2014

That may be true, Jim, but we seemed forever to be putting gas in that Yaris
we rented for the invasion!  I suppose it was getting about 30 mpg US
highway, but we could have done the whole trip on a couple of diesel fills
on the Golf!

I used to get worse mpg on the FI Fastback than the twin carb Variant - long
trips gave about 30 mpg Imp on FI as compared with 33 mpg Imp on the carb.
(times by about 0.8 to get 24 and 26 mpg US).  I guess it felt right to
drive the Fastback FI with a bit more panache!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club