[T3] MPGs??

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Jul 26 11:17:19 PDT 2014

> Golfs are one of the few compact diesels we can get here in the US.

Odd, because we have friends with a TDI (Diesel) Golf. But I just went to
VW's web site and they no longer show a Golf TDI. You can still get a Diesel
new Beetle, Jetta, or Passat, as well as a few others. Wonder why they
discontinued the Golf TDI?

Ah didn't know that. I know you could get one a couple of years ago. I knew
you could on the Passat you can because last year the VW plaint in
Chattanooga TN that makes all the Passat for North America donated my class
five TDIs and four 5 cylinder gas burners.  I joked if VW had continued to
make T-3s all of ours in the US would made close by to me at this plaint
since the Passat is the descendant of the T-3.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)