[T3] MPGs??

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Jul 26 14:02:04 PDT 2014

I agree about  the pubic perception, but with gas prices rising like they
have been  (although not lately) this is changing.

I'd like to get one of those "blue motion" Polo's, as those look  like fun.
Unfortunately, we don't get that model on this side of the pond.  :(
I only say that, as it's mostly just myself in the car, with an  occasional
passenger.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction

I've been saying for years that VW needs to offer the Polo over here.
However I'm at a point in my life where I need a bigger vehicle in my family
fleet. My oldest son is now 23 with a wife and kid of his own so he is not
much of a factor in my family's daily transportation needs anymore. My
younger boys are 12 and 14 so they are getting big enough where it's a
little crowded on trips of any distance in my fastback, signal cab truck or
the wife's corolla. Since my crown vic died over a year ago we have nothing
big now to go to.  The mid-size SUV VW is talking about coming out with here
in a little over a year now intrigues me. Especially if they do a TDI
plug-in hybrid like has been mention in the press. The only issue I see with
it will be the price tag $$$$. I wish they were more options right now as
for as a diesel mid-size SUV or mid-size 4 door pick up. Something we could
comfortably haul the family in and maybe even pull a small to mid-size
camper with every once and a while or Clementine with to an invasion.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)