[T3] brake light switch

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 17:04:36 PDT 2014

I'll have to remind myself whether there are two switches on my tandem m/c,
but I think there must be 2 because you would lose the brake light if there
was a m/c failure of one sircuit.  There's certainly no brake failure
warning light, and I don't think I've seen a 3 pin switch on my Type 3s.
Our '74 Camper had provision on the dash for the light, but I'm not sure if
there was actually anything behind the orange cover.  I think it was just
the cover - no decal to say what it did!   I never had to replace a switch
on it anyway, so couldn't be sure if they were two or 3 pin.

M239 seems to be the package for USA and Canada, with the brake circuit
warning light plus numerous other items such as all red tail-lights and
sealed beam headlights.  I think it's another case where 'keeping it simple'
works better.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club