[T3] It's not a bug!

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:32:21 PDT 2014

>Was just curious if type 3 owners run
>in to this in other parts of the country and world. From what it looks like
>so far my theory of it being a southern thing is holding true.

I mostly drive my '69 Square in [Southern] Wisconsin; May to October.
In the last 4 years, Jim A. has done a ton of work ... 2010-to-2014 ...on
my car, and I've done what I can.
Bob Heydt did a 2-week "cut away the rust" on the rockers, heater tubes,
"banged" some on the rear apron, RHS fender/tail light
area, re-installed my front and rear bumpers, etc..

My car was a daily driver/family car when I bought it in October '69.
In ~1986 it had a partial "amateur restoration" by my son & me.
For those "early years" ... '69 to '86, I hardly got a question or a
mention about WHAT my car was.

After 1986, it was only driven in the summer months and I got a fair share
of "looks" but nothing unusual.

But since, 2001 to 2010, the car was stored, nobody saw the car on the
road.  Hence, no comments, etc.

Since 2010, however, "the looks, smiles, thumbs up, comments [mostly "Nice
car."], questions", etc. have been continual.
Every time and everywhere we drive the car.

So I perceive it's NOT just a "southern thing".  It is possibly pretty
universal, right?
--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)