[T3] It's not a bug!

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Jun 26 11:15:46 PDT 2014

Subject: Re: [T3] It's not a bug!

LOL @ regular "people" Jim!

Try driving a VW notchback!! which VWOA / VWAG never imported to US! I've
had 60-70 year old ladies come up to me at the gas station asking what type
of car it was! She's debadged and "demetaled" no trim, no emblems, no door
handles, etc.etc. NO ONE knows what type of car it is!! I love it!
Now to get fixing my throt cable so I can keep confusing regular folk!!

Here's my pretty old girl:
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1200947.jpg

Growing up in germany ( my pop was US army) in the early 80's (80-84), bugs
busses and T3 were dime a dozen... got bit by the bug in europe. Traded my
13 window deluxe bus in 10/08 for Goldie, my notch, '68 Model year born
11/67.

looks like y'all had a blast at the T3fest! Wish I could'a made it! If it's
ever closer to VA, I'll be there for sure!!!
many thanks to all!

Yea when I talk to those regular people who thinks a type 3 is a form of
diabetes and I start telling them about the others besides my fastback and
start to describe a notch.  I just tell them it looks like mine except the
back looks like an shrunk down early 50s American car.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)