[T3] Type 3 dash

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri Jun 27 05:25:27 PDT 2014

Subject: Re: [T3] Type 3 dash

I have a 67 notch. The dash isn't bad now but I know the day will come when
I will need another. Thanks for the TS thread on the repops.

SAWdust
San Diego
67 notch

> On Jun 26, 2014, at 9:51 PM, "Soren Jacobsen" <snj at blef.org> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 26, 2014, at 11:40 AM, SAW DUST <sawspatch at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey there , I was just wondering , why is it that every dash that I see
for sale is the slotted speaker grill dash ?
>> My dash has the oval small grid of dots for the speaker grill. Is my dash
hard to find? Is it not being reproduced ?

> Because that's the most widely available reproduction today.  What year is
your car?  There are differences beyond slotted vs dotted.  As for being
hard to find...yes.  Nice original dashes are hard to find no matter what
year you're looking for.

> There is, however, an alternative dash repro being made in small
> quantities these days.  The texture isn't quite right, and it doesn't
> have any speaker holes at all, but depending on your needs it may be a
> good option.  Details here:
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479677
>
> Soren
My dash pad came from ISP and I have been very pleased with it.  It's a
slotted one but that's what mine came with.  I heard some say the reason
make the slotted one is it don't crack as easy that's why vw went with that
design the last couple of years. Not sure about that or if that is the
reason they only offer the slotted one.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle