[T3] Marigold's story

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jun 28 06:54:32 PDT 2014

On 27 Jun 2014 at 23:11, Keith Park wrote:

> Wow, what a process!  Sounds like you restored the entire FI system, and
> then some, and all this acting up when it gets to the invasion, almost as if
> it was waiting to get to where it knew the experts were!

Unfortunately, it's a pretty common story. With people who understand
D-jetronic so few and far between, small problems tend to get ignored
or left undiagnosed. They build up until new, major problems just
seem like the old problems have just gotten slightly worse.

Sarah's case, as a new owner, is also familiar in that she had no way
of knowing how her car SHOULD perform. With nothing to compare to,
she had no way of knowing what was normal and what was a problem.

For the record, Marigold was not the worst example I've worked on,
but I have to admit that she came close.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org