[T3] T-3 Distributor

rheorojo@F rheorojo at frontier.com
Mon Mar 10 22:31:01 PDT 2014

Got the distributor ready to go. I'll include the capacitor also as it is a little different, but is a Bosch. The arc point is visible on the barrel of the unit. I've been slowly checking the fuel economy issues, to rule out components. I replaced the voltage regulator with the new electronic version, and installed a small volt meter direct from the battery. I get a solid 14.1 at mid rpm's. I tried disconnecting the throttle position sensor and didn't feel a lot of change. The fuel situation started a few years back after I was advised my old injectors were faulty. Since then it's been around 20 mpg. I got taken on that one. I have another set but as of now have not attacked them. They have been sitting dry for several years and I'm uncertain on the proper procedure to get them in. I've read the seals can dry out and then they leak. I don't want to go there so I'm a deer in the headlights. I don't see any obvious signs of wrong injectors such as fouled/lean running plugs, or excess smoke/vapor when it's running. The exhaust doesn't smell like unburned gas so I'm not convinced the injectors are wrong. Just a suspicion. Besides I really enjoy driving the car even though it's not right, I just keep reading and thinking and tinkering. Last time I checked the fuel pressure was at 28 psi. I haven't changed the fuel filter in a while so that is next.  This forum is a must for me with my coffee every morning.
Tim