[T3] Next Fix

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Mar 22 12:18:39 PDT 2014

On 22 Mar 2014 at 9:09, rheorojo at F wrote:

> 73 Fi auto.

> After chasing a stumbling problem on initial acceleration, and at
> times while cursing, by blaming the distributor, TPS, AAR, engine
> rebuild, injectors, and charging, I started tracing and checking wires
> and checking voltages and resistances.   I feel like an eejit but a
> happy one. The cold start (injector) plug and the #2 air temp. sensor
> plugs were swapped. Yahoooo the acceleration is smooth and so far no
> random stumbling. Now I can go back to things that are annoying but
> not preventing us from driving it, and some cosmetics.

That would certainly make a HUGE difference! ;-)

The FI cables are generally of different lengths, to make their
destinations clear, but once someone gets them mixed up it can quite
hard to spot the mistake. Testing with the Bosch tester would pick it
up right away, but otherwise it's pretty hard.

BTW, I've got your '73 FI AT distributor rebuild finished, and your
check arrived today. I'll try to get it to the Post Office on Monday.

thanks,

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org