[T3] Texas VW Classic

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 11:45:36 PDT 2014

In a message dated 3/25/2014 1:31:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

My goal:  To buy needed/wanted Type 3 parts.

My  dilemma: Using VW Part Numbers to identify Type 3  parts.

Questions:
1.)  Do most of the original VW Type 3 parts  begin with the numerals 311?
2.)  Do some of the parts which begin  with 111 also fit our Type 3's?

Yes, and Yes. You really need to know the application of the part  too.

You might want to make a short list of parts wanted, then using the parts
book you have, get the VW part numbers for those parts, so you'll have a
quick  guide top those wanted parts.

Note; some of us here can quickly identify a t-3 part just by looking at
it, but not everyone has that ability. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction