[T3] Texas VW Classic

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 06:24:48 PDT 2014

Most do start 311 (Notchback and Fastback), but other common parts numbers
start 361 (Squareback), 111 ('standard' Beetle) and 113 (super Beetle).
There are also Type 4 parts numbers starting 411 and 461, plus some Type 2
parts starting 211, but not many.   There are other Type 3 oddities such as
315 and 365.  Generally the number signifies the principal model the part
was first fitted to, but VW often used common parts across their whole model
range.  Avoid 32 which is Passat (watercooled).

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club