[T3] rear caliper bracket to use 914 rear brakes

Marciano Pitargue mpitargue at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 21:29:18 PDT 2014

Hi,
The notch I bought has the Empi rear disk brake kit on it.  Not too fond of
the Ford Taurus rear calipers so would like to swap them out and use
Porsche 914 rear calipers to take advantage of the parking brake.  The EMPI
kit I have has a cast bracket but the hole spacing is 3.75" which is 3/4"
too wide.  Where does one source a caliper bracket so this would be
possible?

Might was well do the fronts and swap out the 66-71 calipers to the 72-73
spindles/calipers to use the stock brakes to match the (new) rears.  Anyone
have a line on the 72-73 spindles?

Any ptrs appreciated.