[T3] Pressure Sensor repair and calibration

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri May 2 08:00:43 PDT 2014

On 2 May 2014 at 10:39, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/1/2014 3:59:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> jadney at vwtype3.org writes:
>
> If any of you know of diaphram suppliers that might have something  I
> could modify and use, that would be even better.

> I sent  you a link a while back to Tangerine Racing that makes new
> diaphrams for the  "C" pressure sensors. But, it comes with a Porsche price (they're
> made for the  Porsche 914 using D-jet). As far as I know, that's the only
> current supply for  them. :O

Thanks, I forgot about them. Astonishing price just for the diaphram
and some small parts that you don't really need. They want to charge
2-3 times what I'd hope to charge for the diaphram, installation, and
recalibration, the whole works!

I've been told that my prices are too low, but I'm not doing this to
make a killing. I'm just doing this to keep the cars on the road and
the owners happy.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org