[T3] Brake Caliper Weirdness....

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri May 2 18:19:02 PDT 2014

On 2 May 2014 at 17:02, J. Jonik wrote:

> Re: 71 T-III dual-bleeder-valve brake caliper.

>   But then...no heavy pushing on brake pedal managed to make pedal go
> to the floor Even Though one valve or the other was open.  Once, maybe
> a drop or two of fluid dripped out. No squirt.  The brakes could not
> be bled...at least at that wheel.

It's the hose. They deterioriate internally and develop internal
flaps that tend to block the flow of fluid. Don't be fooled into
thinking it's all okay. Replace the hose. If one is bad, you might
want to consider replacing both.

I stock them, but the fronts might be available locally. I have the
rears also, which you won't find anywhere else.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org