[T3] ECU mounting problems

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat May 3 08:20:01 PDT 2014

In a message dated 5/3/2014 11:16:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jesassica at gmail.com writes:

My husband and I had to reseat the ECU in our '69 Squareback  because we
were getting a water leak.

When unscrewing the ECU from  the body of the car, the screws loosened
pretty easily. When re-tightening  the screws after reseating, they would
only tighten to a certain point  before "clicking" and spinning. Looks like
the holes in the body of the car  are stripped (no threads left!) so we can
only tighten the ECU down so  much.

If you're meaning the black cover plate mounting screws, then those are
just sheet metal screws. You could use a pair of vice grips to tighten the
holes up. The only other option would be to go to the next larger screw size
(diameter of the screw).

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction