[T3] Wiper motor

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Sat May 3 12:56:30 PDT 2014

On May 2, 2014, at 6:19 PM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

> On 2 May 2014 at 17:04, Soren Jacobsen wrote:
>
>> This past weekend I scored a set of the clamping style early wiper
>> arms for very cheap at a swap meet. One of the advantages of swap
>> meets is that very few people know much about T3 parts, so they're
>> just happy to get rid of stuff that doesn't fit a T1 or T2.
>
> Wow, that's terrific, as well as terrifically lucky. Too bad you
> didn't find a stash of them to help others here, too, but one pair is
> still a great find.

Yeah, I would've bought all the arms if there were more to be purchased.  That design is far superior to the original.  If I had to guess, though, I'd say that most folks with early T3s don't drive through much rain.  I've been surprised at how few people complain about the early arms.

> Were these NOS or used?

Used, but in really nice shape.  Sometimes I actually prefer buying nice used parts over NOS.  It's far easier to talk yourself into installing them!

Soren