[T3] Wiper motor

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 3 14:30:36 PDT 2014

On 3 May 2014 at 12:56, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> Yeah, I would've bought all the arms if there were more to be
> purchased.  That design is far superior to the original.  If I had to
> guess, though, I'd say that most folks with early T3s don't drive
> through much rain.  I've been surprised at how few people complain
> about the early arms.

It seems unusual to me that VW took this long to discover the
problem. I discovered it the very first time I took my '68 on a long
trip. That was in the summer of '68, and it happened the very first
time I drove for a couple hours in the rain.

These days they are fair weather cars, but when they were new, they
were considered utilitarian.

> > Were these NOS or used?
>
> Used, but in really nice shape.  Sometimes I actually prefer buying
> nice used parts over NOS.  It's far easier to talk yourself into
> installing them!

:-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org