[T3] Tire Sizes

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun May 4 10:44:09 PDT 2014

Tire Rack has some for $68.00.  Does anyone know who actually makes these
tires and if they are any good?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Classic&tireModel=All+Seaso
n&partnum=68TR5CAS&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Volkswagen&a
utoYear=1966&autoModel=Beetle&autoModClar=

That's what I put on mine.  It was all they could get at my local tire
store. The local drag racers use them on the front of their Mustangs and
Camaros so if they can handle quick blast of 150 mph down the drag strip on
a heavier car they can't be all bad.  How they will do long term remains to
be seen but so far so good.  I put them on about a year and a half ago but
the car has only been on the road for 6 months.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)