[T3] Tire Sizes

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Sun May 4 11:39:55 PDT 2014

On May 4, 2014, at 9:23 AM, Keith Park <topnotch at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> There are few options for GOOD tires, but several for crap tires.
>
> Crap Tires:
> NEXEN, the wal-mart brand
> NanKang, available anywhere

Eh, I've had both the current (CX-668) and previous (N812) Nankang offerings, and they're fine.  I will say that I preferred the N812 a bit, but mostly because it did better on dirt/gravel roads, which I realize doesn't matter much to most people.

> Vledrestein (or some similar spelling) but these are expensive.

Vredestein, yeah.  Until last year I had a set of Vredestein Snow+ tires that were great in the snow.  They've got a Sprint Classic year round tire that's rather tempting, but as you say, they're quite expensive.

One other option I forgot in my last message was the Firestone F560, through Coker at $80/tire.

Soren