[T3] Stick Shift Issues

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun May 11 15:50:35 PDT 2014

You can't get to it on a Type 3 under the back seat.  You need to lift up
the car to get under it.  There's a panel that fits on the underside of the
tunnel that needs removing; it's held on with 3 small self-tapping screws.
I assume your friend had a Type 1 Ghia.

If the coupling is the problem, you may find the square-headed screw has
come loose - it should be tightened and wire-locked to stop it loosening
again.  There's a dimple in the shaft the screw tightens into.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 club